Designed for outstanding performance in all three areas of hemodynamics, durability and implantability, the Trifecta valve demonstrates our passion for putting more control into the hands of physicians.
Learn more about the Trifecta manufacturing process and quality measures. See Materials & Links
When the Goal Is Hemodynamics
Created exclusively for the aortic position, the Trifecta valve delivers larger EOAs, resulting in single-digit pressure gradients.1 The Trifecta valve is designed to mimic the flow of a natural, healthy heart valve and offers excellent hemodynamic performance, which may provide patients with an improved quality of life.
+ Enlarge Image
In vivo single-digit mean gradients averaged across all valve sizes at six months.1
+ Enlarge Image
Large EOAs across all valve sizes result in decreased risk of patient-prosthesis mismatch at six months.1
Featuring Dr. Mark Sakwa, Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA. Documentary video contains information on how the valve was developed and testimonials on its performance.
When the Goal is Durability
With more than 30 years of market experience, the Trifecta valve was designed for long-term durability and performance. The result is a design that has demonstrated excellent in vitro wear testing.2
||1. Pericardial covered stent for tissue-to-tissue contact reducing the risk of abrasion and structural valve deterioration.2
2. Elimination of tacking suture at top of commissure reduces risk of tearing.
3. Proper leaflet shaping and coaptation are achieved through proprietary tissue leaflet fixation.2
4. Leaflets from a single pericardial sheet, externally mounted, optimize coaptation and maximize flow.
||Fatigue-resistant, high-strength titanium stent designed to reduce stress on leaflets during cardiac cycle.2
When the Goal is Implantability
The Trifecta valve offers superior hemodynamic performance1 with the implantability of a stented valve, accommodating a surgeon's existing implantation technique.
- Contoured silicone insert within a unique polyester cuff is designed to conform to the shape of the native annulus for proper seating and to reduce the risk of PV leak.1
- Trifecta valve sizers are optimized for true-to-size selection.
- Efficient 2 x 10-second rinse.
- Aortic valve holder improves visibility and cuff access for suturing.
- Both the flexible and rigid valve holder handles provide quick, click-in handle attachment and removal to stabilize the valve and minimize the risk of unseating.
1. St. Jude Medical. Trifecta Valve, Pre-Market Approval Application Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data, P100029, 2011.
2. Data on File, St. Jude Medical.