The Merlin@home™ transmitter allows efficient remote care management of patients with implanted cardiac devices through scheduled transmissions and daily alert monitoring. Physicians can complement or replace in-clinic visits with remote patient transmissions.
The transmitter is easy to set up and use. Patients need an electrical outlet and a telephone landline, cellular adaptor or broadband service. They simply plug in the transmitter next to where they sleep and the RF transmitter automatically monitors their device as they sleep.
Once the device data is read, the Merlin@home transmitter automatically transmits the information to the secure St. Jude Medical website, Merlin.net™ Patient Care Network (PCN), where it can be viewed by the clinician.
Providing patients with a Merlin@home transmitter allows physicians to take advantage of some of the more advanced features of Merlin.net PCN, such as:
- DirectAlerts™ Notification, which can alert physicians if the remote follow-up or remote monitoring reveals an episode or event about which they would like to be informed.
- Daily monitoring of patients’ disease status and device performance.
- Better remote patient follow-up compliance through automatic uploads of data on the scheduled date with RF devices and transmitters.
- Customisable alert notification via e-mail or smartphone/mobile device.
- Point-of-care pairing of transmitter to patient’s device at physician’s convenience; remote monitoring can be enabled as early as the day of implant.
The Merlin@home transmitter is packaged with a detailed User’s Manual, a Quick Start Guide and a short instructional DVD.
The Merlin@home transmitter is part of Merlin Patient Management™, a suite of solutions designed to streamline your workflow, support informed clinical decisions and deliver comprehensive care.